Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 10

Today went pretty well. Started the day off at the church at 9:00, where pastor Jim requested that I play the song “Grace Like Rain” with the worship team… 20 minutes before the service. It’s a good thing that used to be my favorite song and I knew it really well by memory, otherwise it would have been a train wreck. After that I went back to run the computer for the remainder of the service. Bruce and I talked about the next few Sundays music wise. I’ll be doing a special with my momma next Sunday (Yes! They’re coming to Riggins this Friday! I’m excited… to see Paul I mean. :-P ) Then I’ll lead the whole worship service on the 24th (my last Sunday here. :’-( )with the regular worship team, minus Bruce. After church I headed back to the Thibodeaux’s who took a trip up river to have a picnic with Agnes’s family, so I decided to make good use of the time and… again… practice making bread! I made a pizza, a pan of rolls and a white loaf, all of which were excellent. I think it was my best batch yet. Then at 6:30 (yes making bread took up all the time from 1:00 to 5:30. I mix by hand!) I drove out to the Rupp farm where I met up with Arnie and Katie. Before that I hung out with all the other Rupps (Corey, BillieJo, Phoebe, Ila, and Jesse) helping them pick some cherries and eating some of their delicious watermelon. Then Katie, Arnie and I picked up Bruce and went to Grangeville to see Transformers 3. The movie was meh, but the company was excellent. I’m really happy I got to hang out with them a little bit socially before my time here is up. I’m hoping to make a few more trips up to the Rupp farm next week… fingers crossed. Well that was my day! As always, be praying. You should know what for by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment