Friday, July 8, 2011

July 8

Today was fairly work-filled. I went to the church at 9:00 and started working on the directory again. It’s about one hour of work away from being ready to print. It’s going a lot better than I thought it would. I’m also working on copying all of the songs in the old computer system into the new one. (A task I’ve been working on since we set up the new computer) Since there are about 250 songs in the system, it’s a pretty long process. I sort of do it in the background while I do all of my more mentally taxing work. I took a break for lunch at 1:30 and then went back to the church at 2:30, when Jeannie Fitch called to have me move some furniture. They’re getting new carpet in their living room soon, so we cleared out both sofas, 3 tables, 2 lounge chairs and a ceiling high cabinet. It went pretty well considering it was Buck and I who were moving everything… and he’s not the youngest, or springiest guy in the world. After that I went back to the church and did some more song moving. After a while I came home for dinner and met Pastor Jim’s sister, Estelle. She’ll be here for the weekend. She seems pretty nice, and she used to live in the Fort Worth area. I went back to the church to do a little bit more computer work, and to write a letter to a friend, then came home around 9:30. Pastor Jim, Mrs. Judy, Estelle, and Lucky were playing Pinochle tonight, so I learned how to play it too… finally… and found that it is basically a really complicated way of playing 42 but with cards. It was a good day and I feel like I got a lot done. I’m going to teach Bruce the new program tomorrow… we’ll see how that goes. Please just pray. Not for me or for anything here, just spend whatever time you would normally spend praying for me here talking to God a little bit, particularly if you don’t do that very much already. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment