Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 12

Today was great! Went to the church fairly early 8:30-9ish. And started working some more on the transferring of the music library. I got all the way through the H’s today and will be starting on the I’s tomorrow. After a little while I went and gave Pastor Jim a lesson on facebook. I just gave him the basics of what it’s for and what you can do, but he got called away to pray with a parishioner who is have surgery on an abscess tomorrow, so I went back to my office and tried to write some more music. I got started into a song then Pastor Jim had his golf lesson on the field so I went along for that. It was fun as well as funny. Just imagine Doug Crump, Anita Williams, Mrs. Judy, Bev and Erie Knight and Pastor Jim hitting golf balls into a football field and grumbling after every shot (except for Doug who smiles and exclaims excitedly after every shot). If you know those people, you should be laughing. If not, trust me... It’s a funny sight. I got some good practice on my swing while I was up there, and Pastor Jim, Doug, Anita and I might go golfing tomorrow, so it’s a good thing I did. Fingers crossed that it happens. After that excursion we came home and had ribs for dinner (yum) then Mrs. Judy taught me how to make two different kinds of pie crust, and we whipped up a cherry pie put in one of them. It looks scrumptious, but I won’t be able to taste it until tomorrow, because it’s going to Doug’s house. He said we could have a piece with him when we take it over there though, so I’ll let you know how it turned out then. After we finished the pies I sat down and had a sudden burst of inspiration, and finished the song I had started earlier in the day. For anybody keeping count, that means I have only one more song to write for my album, and it’s half done already thanks to the response I’ve gotten from people on facebook. I also looked into copyright laws, as well as trade mark laws with the help of my good friend Matt Norman, and found that it’s only going to cost me $35 to copyright my album… which means yay. Look out music industry; Stephen Curto is about to break into you! On a different note, I’m very anxious to see my parents. Please pray for safe travel for them, and for some good times while they’re here. Also, I’m going to try to plan another youth night at the church in the next week, so please pray for a positive response on that. Good night and God bless.

Doesn't it look delicious!?!?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment